Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Master Born Again


Chip and I as kids...

Growing up in my old neighborhood Chip Ross was one of like, twenty guys named "Chip." I counted all of them as my  friends during that era, some of the best years of my life. So you can guess, having a Chip off the old block is really great.

Ross is no island. 

A team builder, he encourages everyone else by just trying something new.

In the Fall he started going a new direction with his cycling and last Tuesday night at Alpenrose it really paid off.

"I have always thought of racing track, then a little birdie said 'buy a track bike' and I was hooked."

Chip Ross who raced for Cyclisme back when resteruanter Jon Beckel sponsored the Green and Black with his Montage Restaurant, Chip came back to the Team just in time to attend our Spring track practices.

Now finally racing, Tuesday night, he swooped into 2nd place with a solo Bazooka at the whistle so fast that only famous Darell Provencher of the Rose City Wheelmen could beat him.

No comments: